Dewhay Gravestar Moon
A shameless ascii based MMORPG Harvest Moon ripoff
Current Phase: Aleph
Claim your land and work your farm. Tend to crops and animals. Breed your animals.
Sell or horde, it's your choice.
Latest Patch Notes
11-26-2018 Release Notes and News
What has been
Huge stuff, PWipe mostly. The architecture got major changes necessitating a full system wipe, even for my admin character.
- Features: New trainer and merchant systems for NPCs.
- Features: Personality editor for NPCs.
- Features: "fix your account" now occurs on login incase character data gets lost.
What will be
There's not a ton of time here lately so it's slow going. Hopefully Soon(tm).
Welcome to hmrMUD
Welcome to HMR MUD!
HMR mud is essentially an mmo version of Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley using unicode characters for the "graphics". We are currently in Aleph phase which means everything is extremely rough and at some point data will be wiped.
A short primer
- Every map is 100x100 tiles.
- Each tile has a type (dirt, grass, wall, etc) and can contain one item. If you drop an item on a tile it will become unpathable. (you can't walk through it)
- Tiles can also contain Pathways denoted by a colored dotted border around the tile which can teleport you to another map or a new coordinate in the same map.
- Mouseover tiles to discover important information about their type, contents and pathways.
- The primary means of doing things is the Interact command as well as Get and Drop. Try looking at the helps page or using the help command in game for those.
A few key points for current mechanics:
- Every player gets their own personal Farm map. The farm maps will be linked at coordinate 50,0 on the farm to coordinate 5,99 via a Pathway called "bus stop".
- Farm maps will soon spawn with randomized debris (rocks, logs, grass) that can be collected via specific interactions and sold (eventually) to merchants in the main town map.
- The main town map links to every player's farm and will link to every official activity map.
- There will be a variety of activity maps, notably a cavern, a beach and a forest.
Some future stuff
- Before the next phase Player Content Generation tools will become available to the point that every player will be able to create their own Maps, tile types, items and NPCs for other players to experience.
- All Content, including content made by staff, is marked as "needing approval" before becoming publicly visible so don't think you'll be sneaking in profane things.
Please visit the official design and discussion space at https://reddit.com/r/hmrmud