Stardew Valleyharvest Moon
A shameless ascii based MMORPG Harvest Moon ripoff
Current Phase: Aleph
Claim your land and work your farm. Tend to crops and animals. Breed your animals.
Sell or horde, it's your choice.
Latest Patch Notes
10-12-2018 Release Notes
What is and will be
Entire rework on the Actions system. It makes a lot more sense and also supports multi-target patterns so those fun advanced hoes and watering cans can be a thing now. There is now an option to select a background music track and all relevant config controls now exist on the web client.
Content will be next.
- Bug: Massive parsing problems I introduced in the last push.
- Redesign: Action system entirely overhauled, can now multitarget and supports multiple results/criteria per action as well as directional morphing.
- Design: New tutorial mode (overlays)
- Design: New user config controls in the client menu (gossip/tutorial status)
- Design: New music mute/track selector in the client. (mute also toggle permamute status)
- Design/Feature: The player inventory now also shows on the main display next to health/stamina. It displays 100 stacks of items and can currently be handle highlighting one thing which will be for the future Action abbreviation.
- Music: New background music tracks by An/Odd/Hue (see acknowledgements on About or in the footer)
9-19-2018 Patch - Special
- Content: New Help text for directional movement and Enter
- Feature: Who command
- Feature: Batman mode (numpad 5 only)
- Feature: Add Timed Event interactions (seeds growing, plants decaying, etc)
- Feature: Add "Uses" interactions
- Feature: Hp/stamina
- Technical: Fixed my inability to promote users to staff positions
Welcome to hmrMUD
Welcome to HMR MUD!
HMR mud is essentially an mmo version of Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley using unicode characters for the "graphics". We are currently in Aleph phase which means everything is extremely rough and at some point data will be wiped.
A short primer
- Every map is 100x100 tiles.
- Each tile has a type (dirt, grass, wall, etc) and can contain one item. If you drop an item on a tile it will become unpathable. (you can't walk through it)
- Tiles can also contain Pathways denoted by a colored dotted border around the tile which can teleport you to another map or a new coordinate in the same map.
- Mouseover tiles to discover important information about their type, contents and pathways.
- The primary means of doing things is the Interact command as well as Get and Drop. Try looking at the helps page or using the help command in game for those.
A few key points for current mechanics:
- Every player gets their own personal Farm map. The farm maps will be linked at coordinate 50,0 on the farm to coordinate 5,99 via a Pathway called "bus stop".
- Farm maps will soon spawn with randomized debris (rocks, logs, grass) that can be collected via specific interactions and sold (eventually) to merchants in the main town map.
- The main town map links to every player's farm and will link to every official activity map.
- There will be a variety of activity maps, notably a cavern, a beach and a forest.
Some future stuff
- Before the next phase Player Content Generation tools will become available to the point that every player will be able to create their own Maps, tile types, items and NPCs for other players to experience.
- All Content, including content made by staff, is marked as "needing approval" before becoming publicly visible so don't think you'll be sneaking in profane things.
Please visit the official design and discussion space at https://reddit.com/r/hmrmud
9-17-2018 Release - Special Case
- Command keyword alias system (n, e, s, w, etc)
- Added response text and a number of other fields to Interaction config
- Interactions now function correctly on unpathable tiles and when tools are not required